Monday, April 9, 2012

Bridesmaids



"Female fight club. We grease up, we pull in. Lillian doesn't know so it's suprise! We're gonna fight! We beat the shit outta her."

"Bridesmaids" is known as the female version of "The Hangover". Starring Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph from Saturday Night Live, this movie is about Annie's journey of being a maid-of-honor for her bestfriend Lillian. Annie is played by Kristen Wiig and does an amazing job in this movie along with Melissa McCarthy who plays Lillian's future sister-in-law. Throughout the movie, Annie is jealous of Lillian's new bestfriend, Helen, whom appears to be perfect and competes with Annie to win Lillian's trust.
As a whole, I did not think it was a good story line. For example, I didn't think Annie's relationship with the cop was that good...they could've chosen a much cuter actor than Chris O'Dowd. But certain parts of this movie I could (and do) watch over and over again and laugh every time.
If you are in the mood for a "slap your knee, pee your pants and cry all at the same time" kind of laugh, this is the movie to watch. One of my favorite parts of the movie is when Annie is on the airplane and goes crazy. She does stupid things including cursing at the flight attendant. And my other favorite part of the movie has to do with poop...I will say no more. I do not want to give anything away so I will leave it up to you to choose to watch this movie.
I believe that "Bridesmaids" will open up new doors for Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy, whom I believe both did a phenomenal job. Melissa McCarthy is nothing short of hillarious in every scene and brings this movie to a whole 'nother level.
-Danielle-

2 comments:

  1. I can't stop laughing just looking at the picture that you posted. This was such a funny movie that no matter how many times I watch I still keep laughing.
    -Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this movie! This movie was funny from beginning to end. I could definitely watch this movie again and again.



    kb

    ReplyDelete