Friday, April 13, 2012

Titanic


"I'm the king of the world!"

It has been 100 years since the RMS Titanic took it's maiden and only voyage.  To help commemorate the tragic event, the critically acclaimed movie "Titanic" was re-released in 3D and IMAX.  The remastering of the original film to become 3D took 60 weeks and $18 million to produce.

The 3D element surely didn't disappoint.  In my opinion, I felt that the 3D intensified many important scenes throughout the movie, like when the water started to rush towards Jack and Rose as the last of the ship was going under.  Any part that had to do with the ship wreck or the ocean, the 3D came across extemely well.

To see this movie in it's entirity for the first time in many years and in 3D gave a larger than life aspect.  At certain points you feel that you're moving along the decks of the ship yourself.  You don't tend to be fixed on the love story playing out before you as much.  Once Titanic hits the iceberg, Director James Cameron brings you for the ride of your life.

-Katie-

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of watching it on 3D, but I've watched it so many times that I'm not sure that I want to pay to watch it again. Still a great movie!

    --Karla

    ReplyDelete