Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Taken



"Taken" is one of my favorite movies. First of all, I think Liam Neeson is a fabulous actor, especially in an action/crime thriller movie such as "Taken". This movie is about a retired CIA agent whose daughter goes on a trip to France and gets kidnapped. The people who kidnap her end up giving her drugs and making her a prostitute. This is known as sex trafficing.
The way the movie is filmed and the scenes which lead Liam Neeson on his journey to save his daughter keep you entranced. The action and thrill of the movie creates an intensity to it.
Liam Neeson's character, Bryan Mills, is divorced and rarely gets to see his daughter, Kim, who is played by Maggie Grace. Maggie Grace's character in this movie annoys me but is the typical ignorant teenager. First, she doesn't spend alot of time with her father because she has a rich stepdad whom buys her a pony for her birthday. Second, she goes to France alone with one friend after her father tells her she shouldn't go. And worst of all, she talks to strangers the second she lands in France. The only good decision she made throughout this movie was calling her father right before she is kidnapped. The kidnappers are members of the Albanian Mafia whose specialty is kidnapping teenagers and sell them into sexual slavery.
I love how tough and determined Liam Neeson is in this movie. I don't go for older men but he definitely made me wish I had a retired CIA agent for a boyfriend.
" If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

-Danielle


3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with Taken being one of my favorite movies too. Its crazy that Liam Neeson just gets better with age. He is one of the few older men in Hollywood that can actually still pull off an action movie. Taken is a gripping thriller and that is an awesome quote you used at the end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Taken when it first came out and it really is a good movie. This movie has you sitting on the edge of your seat till the end.It was a really good action movie.


    kb

    ReplyDelete