Wednesday, March 7, 2012

National Lampoon's Animal House


"TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!"


Animal House is a classic. This movie, made in 1978, is still watched and quoted regularly today. The movie surrounds a group of wild college students that attend Faber University, that are members of the Delta Tau Chi House. The movie provides the audience with a great underdog story of a run-down fraternity, how they grow together as a family and how they can take any challenge head on. It seems that no matter what tricky situation is thrown at them, they are always able to rise to the occasion.
This incredible cast includes the late John Belushi, and John Vernon. Other stars include Tim Matheson, Karen Allen, Kevin Bacon, and Peter Riegert; together they form a great ensemble. Their antics including a toga party, a food fight, and an unforgettable road trip along with a hysterical homecoming parade. The raunchy jokes, fun music, and crazy frat stunts, make you wish you were a part of that era, in particular a member of the Delta House.
If you have not yet seen this movie, please stop whatever you are doing and watch it. If you ever need a good laugh, I give you my word that this movie will instantly brighten your mood and put a smile on your face. This movie is a personal favorite of mine, and I could watch it 100 times and it will still be funny and never get old.
Trust me when I tell you this movie will make you wanna ‘put your hands up and shout!’

-Samantha-

4 comments:

  1. I love Animal Farm ! It's one of those movies that remains timeless. Like Samantha said if you need a good laugh its great to watch! My favorite part of the move is when they are at the homecoming parade! I deff need to re-watch this. - Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to be in college during that era. This movie is representative of the times, and man it looks fun. The parade scene is awesome, but I also love the frat stunts. I will also be re-watching this movie. -Catharine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I just saw this movie for the first time about a year ago. I know so many people love it. I. Did not. And yet, it is a classic!
    Prof. M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Animal House is by far one of my favorite movies of all time! Rest in peace John Belushi , one of the best comedians! "Grab a beer, it don't cost nothing!"

    - Cait

    ReplyDelete