Sunday, March 18, 2012

This Means War


This weekend I was so excited to be going to see Channing Tatum's new movie 21 Jump Street.  Sadly when my friend and I got there, the showing we wanted to go to was sold out.  So instead we settled on This Means War, starring (my favorite actress) Reese Witherspoon, Tom Hardy and Chris Pine.

Heading into the theater, I wasn't sure what to expect, some reviews were good, others not as much.  I won't give any spoilers except that Reese's character Lauren does choose one of the men in the end (though not who I wanted).  

I thought I was good enough for a date movie, it has aspects for both men and women; action, comedy, and romance.  Yet it seems to fall into the same boat as all of the other romantic comedies lately, just adding two CIA Agents fighting for the same girl.

Personally, I feel like this was none of the three actors better movies.  Chris Pine had won me over as a surprisingly quick-witted Captain Kirk in the new Star Trek movies, as did Tom Hardy in Inception.

My suggestion is, if you haven't seen it yet and you do want to watch it, wait until it's released on DVD and rent it on a rainy day.

-Katie-


2 comments:

  1. I thought this movie was really funny. I love Chelsea Handler so of course I wanted to see her in her first big movie, and she didn't disappoint. The tension between the two guys, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy, was hilarious, especially when Reese Witherspoon's character was commenting on the size of Chris Pine's hands in relation to other body parts. Thanks for the review. Catharine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Chelsea Handler. She was definitely a scene stealer in this movie, with her inappropriate comments and all. Seeing her play a mother was also hilarious.

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete