Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Save the Last Dance


"Save the Last Dance" stars Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas, premiering in 2001, about an interracial couple's harships and true passion. I'll admit, this is one of my all time favorite movies which I own on DVD and have seen about a million times.
Julia Stiles' character, Sara, goes through a life changing hardship which causes her to give up her dream of going to Julliard for ballet. She is also forced to move in with her "father" whom moved away from her when she was yonger. Sara moves from a predominantly white neighborhood to the South Side of Chicago. This movie shows the hardships that Sara goes through when she enters into an interracial relationship with her new boyfriend, Derek, played by Sean Patrick Thomas. Sara and Derek's relationship taught me that you cannot let other people determine who you should be with.
"...it's about me and him, not us and other people..."
This movie is about passion and following your dreams until they come true. Derek decides to not let Sara give up her dream because of a hardship she has faced. She was born to dance. This movie always makes me feel like I was born to dance as well...but then when I try to dance along to the moves Derek teaches Sara, I decide to stick with my day job.
-Danielle-

2 comments:

  1. The end of your post was really funny! Whenever I watch the movie I am always inspired to dance also. However, my mind thinks I can dance much better then my body allows!

    ReplyDelete