Monday, March 5, 2012

Our Idiot Brother


"Our Idiot Brother" stars Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks and Zooey Deschanel.This movie taught me that Paul Rudd's character, Ned Rochlin, really is an idiot brother. I would like to share his biggest mistakes with you all.
Paul Rudd's character, Ned, went to jail and lost his golden retriever named "Willy Nelson". Ned teaches us all a lesson: you should never sell marijuana…especially to a uniformed police officer. Ned is also an idiot brother because he does not listen to his gut instincts. For example, if you see your sister’s husband naked with another woman it means that he is cheating on your sister.
Another lesson Ned teaches us all is to not smoke marijuana…especially while on parole. And if by chance this does occur, I learned that you shouldn't tell your parole officer about it.
Can you guess why Ned is known as the idiot brother?
Although I was expecting the movie to be a little better, it was funny. I was in the mood for a comedy and it made me laugh. I was happy that it did not become like a “Marley & Me” tearjerker. 

-Danielle-

10 comments:

  1. I liked this movie, I thought it was very funny. In the end Ned did teach them all a lesson about selflessness and positivity. He was a completely honest person, and this got him into trouble in today's society. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul Rudd isn't one of my favorite actors but I did want to see this movie. I think I will wait until it is out on DVD though, it doesn't seem to have that great of reviews. This does make me want to see it though , I am just to indecisive HA ! - Cait

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look really funny. I love getting valuable life lessons from a comedy. I'll wait until it's on DVD though. Good review. :)

    ~ Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think the movie looked good and I love Paul Rudd as an actor, but after reading this review I think I'll just wait for it to go out on DVD. -kb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the movie had its funny parts but overall I didnt think the movie was that great. Pual Rudd def is an idiot in this movie and kinda made me want to scream at him for the stupid things he does and doesnt do, and just how he nonchalantly tells his sisters things that are very serious and he doesnt really grasp the fact of how serious the "secrets" he knows about really are. Such as catching his sisters husband cheating on her.
    -Ryan-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never heard of this movie, but from what I read from your review, it is definitely something worth seeing. It sounds very funny and entertaining. However, I will probably not see it in theatres. It is something that I will look forward to coming out on DVD or NETFLIX.

    - Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. this movie wasn't was funny as I expected. Paul Rudd was good in it, but I wouldn't recommend it. That said, this movie had a very likable cast which made the movie bearable. I'm just glad I didn't pay to watch it.

    --Karla R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought this movie was funny, but also extremely random during some points. After a while I thought it dragged on and I just wanted it to end. I couldn't bear to watch how much more Ted was going to mess up it was making me cringe.

    -Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the best movies of the last year. Paul Rudd can make any character fun to watch. Not as funny as the trailers made it seem but it made up for it with good story, dialogue and great acting. Awesome movie. -Craig J

    ReplyDelete